Memory is not something you can lose,
you just need to nourish and exercise it;
the earlier …the better!
Are you worried about losing your memory, getting Alzheimer or dementia? When you look at the 2016 Alzheimer’s Statistics, YOU SHOULD be worried.
Dementia affects 1 in 20 people over the age of 65 and 1 in 5 over the age of 80. As of 2017, worldwide there are an estimated 50 million people with dementia and this number is expected to rise to 131.5 million by 2050. Worldwide, nearly 44 million people have Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. Someone in the world develops dementia every 3 seconds. International studies make it clear that dementia occurs in every country of the world. Alzheimer’s and dementia is most common in Western Europe, while North America is close behind. Alzheimer and other types of dementia are the top cause for disabilities in later life.
The Cost of Alzheimer’s Care is also very scary because the statistics show a total bankruptcy of the health care system in several countries within a few years from now, when we realize that there are more diseases than only Alzheimer and dementia. The cost of caring for Alzheimer’s patients in the U.S. was estimated to be $236 billion in 2016. Caregivers have to cut back on paid work or stop work altogether, informal care is often supplemented by formal paid care and people with dementia are relatively heavy consumers of health services. The total estimated worldwide costs of dementia are US$818 billion in 2016, according to ADI’s World Alzheimer Reports. By 2018, the global cost of dementia will have surpassed a trillion US dollars.
Unless a cure is found, more than 16 million Americans will have the disease by 2050.
Why do I tell you all this?
The reason to tell you this is to let you realize that now is time for you to start thinking (now that you can) about prevention. As all other diseases, dementia and Alzheimer also have a cause.
During this SMART Retreat we will go through the possible causes of this disease; we will analyze your diet and tell you what is good to eat and to drink and what you definitely should avoid. Once you know what to eat, drink and what to avoid we can start with the training of your memory.
This memory course is the best thing you will ever give yourself because this course will teach you tricks and will amaze you constantly. You will be astonished to see how you improve your memory by the hour during this retreat.
Prepare yourself to learn and remember:
- a list of 100 items (from 1 to 100 and from 100 to 1) and also remember which item is on what number;
- how to remember names, addresses, profession and every single detail you want to remember of a person;
- a list of 30 items where you hid or left them;
- the calendar of two years (2018 and 2019);
- a number of 40 digits (forward and backward);
- to read a book and how to memorize what you have read on every single page.
After these three days memory work-out you will never say the words “I forgot” anymore, and wonder why you didn’t know this earlier. Life would have been so much easier and learning would have been so much (more) fun.
Who will benefit the most from this SMART Retreat Week?
- People with history of Alzheimer or dementia in the family.
- People who want to change their lifestyle but don’t know how and where to start.
- People who want to maintain optimal brain function.
- People who have started experiencing some health issues and worry “what’s next?”
- Parents who want the best for their children and themselves.
- Educators, teachers and students.
- People with stressful jobs.
A SMART Retreat includes the following:
- “All inclusive” three nights stay (Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Saturday)
- Room for three nights (Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Saturday) one person in a room, including all taxes and other fees
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (all natural, organic and clean –no cross contaminated- food, natural herbs and spices, no additives and absolutely no GMO)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Activities (sport activities)
- All trainings, lectures and workshops including the material needed
- Consultation with medical and paramedical staff
- Evening programs
Total price per participant for a SMART Retreat: $ 1,950.–
Two participants in one room: $ 1,750.– (per participant)
Group rate (10 participants or more): $ 1,590.– (per participant /two participants in one room)